Meeting time and location
July 22, 2015
6:30PM to 8:30PM
DeLaSalle High School
1 DeLaSalle Drive (Nicollet Island)
- Call to Order –The meeting was called to order by President Grambsch on July 22, 2015 at 6:30pm at DeLaSalle High School, 1 DeLaSalle Drive, Minneapolis, MN 55413.
- Verification of Quorum – Directors Present (Beddow, Clegg, Grambsch, Guncheon, Hondros, Larkey, Lehman, Méad, Meehan, Melzer, Rosenberg, Sheran, Stellar, Upton); Directors absent (Folliard, Casey, Johnson,Schneerman, Watkins, Welton). Quorum is 7 Directors — quorum verified.
- Approval of Agenda – approved unanimously
- Approval of June Minutes — approved unanimously
Election of Association Officers
- Current Secretary Michael Guncheon stated that he would not be able to continue as Secretary. No one accepted the nomination to fill the office. For the present, the office of Secretary is vacant.
- Motion: Other Current Officers (President Grambsch, Vice-President Clegg, Treasurer Hondros) be reelected — passed unanimously
- Council Member Report – Council Member Jacob Frey — CM Frey updated the Board on various topics and the status of projects of interest to the neighborhood.
NIEBNA Administrative Matters
- Financial and Business Matters
- Treasurer Report — Treasurer Hondros reported that the Association is solvent and that there were no financial transactions requiring Board action since the prior Board meeting,
- Approval of Expense Payments — None
- Other Financial and Business Matters — None
Set Meeting Schedule for 2015 – 2016
- NRP Phase 2 Application Status and Plans (Barry Clegg, Lisa Hondros) — No formal action at this meeting, but it was noted that if we are going to apply for NRP Phase 2 funds, a project that requires significant time and effort, we should do so soon since there are indications that unclaimed funds will be taken back by the City in the foreseeable future. It was agreed that this matter would taken up seriously in the Fall.
- Financial and Business Matters
NIEBNA Project and Status Reports
- Lennar Superior Plating Project Status (Victor Grambsch) — project is on schedule for final pollution remediation to start in October/November time frame with construction to start in February/March time frame. No Board action required.
- St Anthony Falls Alliance (SAFA) status and report (Lisa Hondros, John Larkey) — No report.
- Minneapolis Riverfront Partnership status and report (Jack Schneeman) — no report.
- US Bank – Mortenson Task Group Status (Craig Beddow) — US Bank and Mortenson representatives attended the meeting to discuss this project. After an extended discussion among Board members and members of the public in attendance, the Board passed the following resolution (Vote: 8 to 6):
Resolved: NIEBNA is opposed to the proposed designs presented at the meeting for US Bank and Mortenson for redevelopment of the current US Bank site on East Hennepin because they are not consistent with the NIEBNA Small Area Plan. Further, The NIEBNA appreciates the progress that both US Bank and Mortenson have made in working with the US Bank- Mortenson Task Group (USMTG) and encourages continued cooperative efforts to bring forward a proposal that would be consistent with the Small Area Plan.
NIEBNA Committee Reports
- Technology (Michael Guncheon)
- Transportation (Dore Méad)
- Livability (Barry Clegg)
- Communication & Outreach (Matt Lehman)
- Economic Development (John Larkey)
Other Business and Announcements
- NIEBNA participation 2015 National Night Out (Dore Mead, Barry Clegg) — general discussion of the topic. It was decided that NIEBNA will have a table that will be staffed by volunteers. No Board action required.
- Traffic Speed monitoring status (Jeffrey Meehan) — Jeffry updated the Board on traffic speed monitoring and signage to be in place during the Aquatennical event (mid July) to try to slow down traffic in the neighborhood.
- Consideration of NIEBNA possible followup actions regarding oil train traffic thru the neighborhood — general discussion. No Board action taken.