Meeting time and location – April 14, 2016, 6:30PM to 8:00PM, DeLaSalle High School (Attendee Sign-in Sheet Here)
Call to Order — meeting called to order at 6:32pm by President Grambsh.
- Verification of Quorum (7 Directors Present) – Directors Present (Beddow, Casey, Folliard, Grambsch, Guncheon, Hondros, Johnson, Lehman, Meehan, Melzer, Sheran, Upton, Watkins, Welton); Directors Absent ( Clegg, Kakey, Mead, Rosenberg, Schneerman) — 15 Directors Present, Quorum verified (Director Sign-in and Vote Tally Sheet)
- Approval of Agenda – approved by unanimous vote.
- Approval of 2016 March Board Meeting Minutes (approved minutes here)
- Council Member Report (Council Member Jacob Frey) – CM Frey updated the Board on various topics and the status of projects of interest to the neighborhood. [No formal Board action required.]
- Superior Plating Construction Update — Jon Fletcher, Lennar Multifamily Communities (LMC) Development Manager discussed the current status of the construction at Superior Plating using the following images Page 1, Page 2, Page 3, Page 4, Page 5, Page 6. [No formal Board action required.]
- North Star Community Rowing (NSCR) introduction and presentation (Annie Trimberger) — Trimberger report on plans to get more people involved in rowing and their plan to sponsor events on Boom Island and elsewhere in the area. The Board asked to be kept informed of events and offered to list local events in the NIEBNA Calendar. More information about NSCR plans and activities is available here. [No formal Board action required.]
- New US Bank Construction Status — construction has started in the new smaller drive-thru US Bank Building on the corner of 4th St NE and 1st Ave NE — expected completion time is around 6 months. [No formal Board action required.]
NIEBNA Administrative Matters
- Financial and Business Matters
- Treasurer Report (Lisa Hondros) – the Association is solvent and that there were no financial transactions requiring Board action or confirmation since the prior Board meeting.
- Approval of Expense Payments — None
- Other Financial and Business Matters — None
- Community Participation Plan (CPP) 2015 Annual Report preparation (report due April 29, 2016) — action deferrend to the May meeting.
- Financial and Business Matters
NIEBNA Projects and Status Reports
- Appointment of a new Downtown Neighborhoods Alternate Director on Minneapolis Riverfront Partnership (MRP) Board of Directors — This position is now vacant due to resignation of the incumbent. By agreement among the Downtown Neighborhoods (NIEBNA, NLNA, MHNA, DMNA), the Director and Alternate Director should not come from the same side of the River. Since the current Director (Carletta Sweet) is from the west side of the River (DMNA or NLNA), the Alternate Director should come from thew east side of the River (NIEBNA or MHNA). Last time, the selection of the Alternate Director was delegated to a three-person ad hoc Section Committee consisting of the current Downtown Neighborhoods Director (Carletta Sweet from DMNA) and one member appointed by each of the MHNA and NIEBNA Boards (Edna Brazitis represented NIEBNA). [Board Action — Edna Brazitis appointed NIEBNA representative on the ad hoc Selection Committee that will be charged with selecting the Alternate Director.]
- Status Report — Possible application for a Stewardship Grant from the Mississippi Watershed Management Organization (MWMO) to fund the cleanup of the Not-A-Lot on Nicollet Island — Lisa Hondros, Barry Clegg — Board Member Hondros reported that a preliminary meeting with MWMO and Friends of the Mississippi River (FMR) had been scheduled for April 25, 2016 — results will be reported to the May Board meeting.
- Status report — Application for Neighborhood Revitalization Program (NRP) Phase 2 funds (Current Application Draft here) — Lisa Hondros (NRP Task Group Chair) reported that NCR has approved our draft Application — additional meetings of the NRP Task Group will be scheduled in May and June. Craig Beddow has been added to the Task Group — other invitations are pending.
NIEBNA Committee Reports
- Technology (Michael Guncheon) — web site running well, no problems requiring Board action.
- Transportation (Dore Méad) — Committee Report here
- Livability (Barry Clegg) – No report
- Economic Development (Kevin Upton) – No report
Other Business and Announcements – None
Adjourn — at 8:20pm
Agenda subject to change — order of items may be changed