Meeting time and location – May 12, 2016, 6:30PM to 8:00PM, DeLaSalle High School (Attendee Sign-in Sheet Here)
Call to Order — meeting called to order at 6:35pm by President Grambsh.
- Verification of Quorum (7 Directors Present) – Directors Present (Beddow, Clegg, Grambsch, Guncheon, Johnson, Larkey, Lehman, Meehan, Melzer, Rosenberg, Upton, Welton); Directors Absent (Casey, Folliard. Hondros, Mead, Sheran, Steller, Watkins) — 12 Directors Present, Quorum verified (Director Sign-in and Vote Tally Sheet)
- Approval of Agenda – approved by unanimous vote.
- Approval of 2016 April Board Meeting Minutes (approved minutes here)
- Council Member Report – Council Member Jacob Frey — CM Frey updated the Board on various topics and the status of projects of interest to the neighborhood.
- The answer to a Momentous Question will be revealed (Jon Fletcher, Lennar) — Jon revealed that the name of the development on the former Superior Plating site will be “Nordhaus” to complement the overall Nordic theme of the interior and exterior design. “Superior Plating” is hereby banished from our vocabulary, except for antiquarian studies. [No Board action.]
- Nordhaus Construction Update (Jon Fletcher, Lennar) — pollution remediation should be complete by mid-June 2016 and initial foundation and vertical construction elements of the new building will start to be visible in July. Initial occupancy scheduled for August/September 2017 with construction complete by end of 2017 or early 2018. [No Board Action.]
- Lu’s Sandwiches (a new establishment in the Red 20 building) presentation (Quan Pham and Laura Boyd) — Quan and Laura presented plans for new restaurant (web site here) serving Vietnamese street food to be opened in July 2016. [Board Action: support issuance of Beer/Wine liquor license application (letter here)]
- US Bank Construction Update – construction stated on new bank building and corner of 1st Ave NE and 4th Se NE; expected completion September/October 2016. Plan is still to demolish existing building soon there after.
NIEBNA Administrative Matters
- Financial and Business Matters
- Treasurer Report (given by Victor Grambsch) – the Association is solvent and that there were no financial transactions requiring Board action or confirmation since the prior Board meeting.
- Approval of Expense Payments — None
- Other Financial and Business Matters — None
- Community Participation Plan (CPP) 2015 Annual Report preparation (report due April 29, 2016) — draft report prepared by Victor Grambsch was distributed beforehand; several Board Members suggested changes and corrections that will be incorporated into final document. [Board Action: approved (by unanimous vote) draft and authorized President Grambsch and Treasurer Hondros to make final edits and submit the report.]
- “Keep the Beat” Event (Kevin Upton) — Kevin reminded everyone of the event. [No Board action.]
- Board meetings over the summer — by resolution of the Board, unless emergencies crop up that must be dealt with immediately, the schedule for Board meetings the summer will be as follows:
- June — no meeting
- July — focus on neighborhood input and comment on:
- NRP Phase 2 Proposal
- Hennepin/First Avenue Transportation Study Advisory Committee recommendations
- August — no meeting
- September — Annual meeting, approval of NRP Phase 2 proposal by residents
- Financial and Business Matters
NIEBNA Projects and Status Reports
- Status Report — Appointment of a new Downtown Neighborhoods Alternate Director on Minneapolis Riverfront Partnership Board of Directors (Edna Brazitis) — appointment as been delegated to an ad hoc committee with equal representation from MHNA, DMNA and NIEBNA (with Edna Brazitis representing NIEBNA). No appointment has been made at yet. [No Board action.]
- Status Report — Possible application for a Stewardship Grant from the Mississippi Watershed Management Organization (MWMO) to fund the cleanup of the Not-A-Lot on Nicollet Island (Barry Clegg, Lisa Hondros) — initial meeting with MWMO and Friends of the Mississippi River (FMR) held on April 28, 2016. Action will be deferred until pending completion of NRP Phase 2 Application. Project will probably be a “Neighborhood Priority” for funding under NRP Phase 2 Plan and will be made in conjunction with FMR. [No Board Action.]
- Status report — Application for Neighborhood Revitalization Program (NRP) Phase 2 funds (Lisa Hondros Chair, NRP Phase 2 Application Task Group) . Information on Task Group activities is available here — under “Projects” on the NIEBNA Home Page. [Board Action: Appointed Katie Greene as member of the Task Group representing the business community .]
NIEBNA Committee Reports
- Technology (Michael Guncheon) – web site running acceptably.
- Transportation (Barry Clegg) — Barry discussed activities and status of the “Hennepin/First Avenue Transportation Study Advisory Committee” — current plan is for the Committee to presented its recommendations and seek neighborhood input at the July 2016 Board Meeting.
- Livability (Barry Clegg) – no report
- Economic Development (Kevin Upton) – no report.
Other Business and Announcement
- Betty Folliard as resigned from the Board since she has moved out of the neighborhood.
- Jack Schneerman (an officer in the Nation Guard) has resigned form the Board because he as been called up and assigned to duty overseas.
Adjourn — meeting adjourned at 8:20pm