Meeting time and location: May 11, 2017, 6:30PM to 8:00PM,DeLaSalle High School
- Call to Order – Meeting called to order at 6:35 pm by President Grambsch (Attendee Sign-in sheet here)
- Verification of Quorum – Quorum is 7 Directors present; 11 Directors were present (Director attendance list here); Quorum verified.
- Approval of Agenda – Mortenson/US Bank Site development item deferred until future meeting at the request of Mortenson; otherwise agenda was approved by unanimous vote.
- Approval of April 2017 Board Meeting Minutes (minutes here) — approved by unanimous vote.
NIEBNA Administrative Matters
- Financial and Business Matters
- Treasurer Report (Lisa Hondros) – Treasurer Hondros reported that we are solvent and otherwise in good financial health. Board Action: approved report.
- Approval of Expense Payments –approval of $235.78 to purchase equipment required for GoToMeeting. Board action: Approved
- Other Financial and Business Matters – none
- Other Business
- Status Report: Community Participation Program (CPP) Contract Final Reports for 2014-2016 period – the required financial and administrative reports were approved at the March 2017 Board meeting. Treasurer Hondros is working with Neighborhood and Community Relations (NCR) staff to finalize the reports. To accommodated certain City administrative processes, the termination date for the 2014-2016 CPP Contract has been extended from December 31, 2016 to June 30, 2017. The date for the 2017-2019 CPP Contract will be adjusted accordingly. No Board action required.
- Meeting schedule for Summer and Fall
- June — June 8, 2017 — President Grambsch announced that a June meeting will be required after all (alas!)
- July — July 13, 2017 (Board Meeting)
- August — No meeting
- September — September 14, 2017 (Annual Meeting)
- Update from Minneapolis Public Works Water Treatment and Distribution Services regarding water circulation pumping station on Nicollet Island (Peter Pfister, City of Minneapolis). The PowerPoint presentation slides from October 2016 Board Meeting here. PowerPoint presentation slides for this meeting here. Peter Pfister discussed for the information of the Board the status, final design and expected schedule for the project to be done in 2017 on Nicollet island. No Board actions required.
- Nord Haus (nee Superior Plating) Phase 2 (Jon Fletcher, LMC) — this is a follow-on to the presentation at the April meeting. At the April meeting, the Board adopted a resolution that a letter specifying our preferences with regard to certain ground floor design details of the project be prepared (letter here), and that Lennar provide to the Board for consideration at the May Board meeting a list of zoning variances and Conditional Use Permits required (list here). Jon Fletcher from Lennar Multifamily Communities (LMC) discussed the design, approval reviews and other information regarding the proposed Nordhaus Phase 2 project and answered questions from the Board Members and attendees (presentation slides here). Jon reported that the NIEBNA design preferences for the ground floor design were well received by the Planning Commissioners at their Committee of the Whole (COW) meeting on April 27, 2017. The Board, by unanimous vote, passed a resolution supporting the project, including granting of zoning variances and conditional use permits needed for the project to go forward (letter here).
- Mortenson / US Bank Site development (Brent Webb, Mortenson) — this also is a follow on to the presentation ay the April meeting. At that meeting and after a lively discussion, no action was taken regarding the project design. We asked Mortenson to consider our comments, revise their design and come to this meeting for further consideration. Revised design documents are in preparation and will be posted here shortly before the meeting. Planning Commission Committee of the Whole (COW) Staff report is here. Item deferred to the June meeting — no action taken.
- Financial and Business Matters
NIEBNA Projects and Status Reports
- 2017 Keep the Beat Fundraiser (Kevin Upton) — Board Member Upton gave a brief history of this event and announced that the 17th Annual Event will be held at Vic’s on the River on May 31. 2017. See the NIEBNA Calendar for complete information on the event. Kevin also said that we needed “building captains” to handle raffle tickets sales as called for volunteers. No formal Board action required.
- Status Report: CPP Plan for 2017 specifically, and for 2017-2019 in general, must be drafted and approved Board Action: deferred until June meeting.
- Committee Report (by Committee Chair Hondros): as requested by the Board at the April meeting, the NRP Phase 2 Committee met on April 27, 2017 — Chair Hondros reported that the Committee met and determined that the full amount allocated to NIEBNA has been included in the approved NRP Phase 2 Plan and so no change was required. Lisa outlined the procedures and sub-committee structure that will be used to prepare implementation plans for the major neighborhood priorities in our NRP Phase 2 Action Plan and called for volunteers for the four committees — Parks, Transportation Infrastructure, Heritage Preservation, and Pet Accommodation. The website will be updated by the Technology Committee to support the committees. No Board action required.
- Status Report: Developing the natural resources implementation plan covering the Not-a-Lot area on the east bank of Nicollet Island (Lisa Hondros) – nothing new to report; no Board action was taken.
- Update: project improve the appearance of bridges over railroad tracks (Kevin Upton) – nothing new to report; no Board action was taken.
NIEBNA Committee Reports
- Technology (Michael Guncheon) — No Report
- Transportation (Dore Mead) – No report
- Livability (Barry Clegg) – No Report
- Economic Development (Kevin Upton) — No Report
Other Business and Announcements — and FYI
Adjourn — meeting adjourned at 7:45 pm