Meeting time and location
May 11, 2017
6:30PM to 8:00PM
DeLaSalle High School
1 DeLaSalle Place — on Nicollet Island
(Use leftmost door closest to Downtown)
Call to Order
- Verification of Quorum
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of April 2017 Board Meeting Minutes (minutes here)
NIEBNA Administrative Matters
- Financial and Business Matters
- Treasurer Report (Lisa Hondros)
- Approval of Expense Payments –approval of costs to purchase equipment required for GoToMeeting
- Other Financial and Business Matters – none
- Other Business
- Status Report: Community Participation Program (CPP) Contract Final Reports for 2014-2016 period – the required financial and administrative reports were approved at the March 2017 Board meeting.
- Meeting schedule for Summer and Fall
- June — No meeting
- July — July 13, 2017 (Board Meeting)
- August — No meeting
- September — September 14, 2017 (Annual Meeting)
- Update from Minneapolis Public Works Water Treatment and Distribution Services regarding water circulation pumping station on Nicollet Island (Peter Pfister, City of Minneapolis) PowerPoint presentation slides from October 2016 Board Meeting here. PowerPoint presentation slides for this meeting here.
- Nordhaus (nee Superior Plating) Phase 2 (Jon Fletcher, LMC) — this is a follow-on to the presentation at the April meeting. At the April meeting, the Board adopted a resolution that a letter specifying our preferences with regard to certain design details of the project (letter here) be published and that Lennar provide a list of zoning variances and Conditional Use Permits be prepared for consideration at this meeting (list here) [Board Action: resolution specifying NIEBNA stance on the project].
- Mortenson / US Bank Site development (Brent Webb, Mortenson) — this also is a follow on to the presentation ay the April meeting. At that meeting and after a lively discussion, no action was taken regarding the project design. We asked Mortenson to consider our comments, revise their design and come to this meeting for further consideration. Revised design documents are in preparation and will be posted here shortly before the meeting. Planning Commission Committee of the Whole (COW) Staff report is here. [Board Action: resolution specifying NIEBNA stance on the project].
- Financial and Business Matters
NIEBNA Projects and Status Reports
- 2017 Keep the Beat Fundraiser (Kevin Upton)
- Status Report: CPP Plan for 2017 specifically, and for 2017-2019 in general, must be drafted and approved [Board Action: deferred until July meeting]
- Committee Report (by Committee Chair Hondros): as requested by the Board at the April meeting, the NRP Phase 2 Committee met on April 27, 2017 and has will make recommendations regarding revisions to our NRP Phase 2 Application and Plan. [Board Action: discuss and adopt/revise Committee Recommenations]
- Status Report: Developing the natural resources implementation plan covering the Not-a-Lot area on the east bank of Nicollet Island (Lisa Hondros)
- Update: project improve appearance of bridges over railroad tracks (Kevin Upton)
NIEBNA Committee Reports
- Technology (Michael Guncheon) — general status report.
- Transportation (Dore Mead) – No report
- Livability (Barry Clegg) – No Report
- Economic Development (Kevin Upton) — No Report
Other Business and Announcements — and FYI