Meeting time and location
September 14, 2017
6:30PM to 8:30PM
DeLaSalle High School
1 DeLaSalle Place — on Nicollet Island
(Use leftmost door closest to Downtown)
The Annual General Meeting & Board Election has been moved to October 12, 2017.
Call to Order
- Verification of Quorum
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of June 2017 Board Meeting Minutes (Draft Minutes here)
NIEBNA Administrative Matters
- Financial and Business Matters
- Treasurer Report (Lisa Hondros)
- Approval of Expense Payments — None
- Other Financial and Business Matters – none
- Other Business
- Approval of Community Participation Program (CPP) plan for 2017 – 2019 time period — Draft Plan should be posted here before the meeting. [Expected Board action: action deferred until October meeting]
- Meeting schedule for 2017/2018 – we currently meet on the 2nd Thursday of the month — should we move to a different day formula (2nd Monday has been suggested by a couple of Board Members).
- Financial and Business Matters
- Initial findings regarding the draft Natural Resource Management Plan for the north part of Nicollet Island (Alex Roth, FMR Ecologist) — the Friends of the Mississippi River (FMR) is writing the Plan that will guide habitat restoration efforts in the current natural areas of the Island. The project is funded by a grant from the Mississippi Watershed Management Organization (MWMO) with the support of NIEBNA. Dr. Alex Roth, along with representatives from MWMO, will present and discuss their initial findings and recommendations. As part of the presentation, there will be a Q&A session and an opportunity for comment and feedback. In addition, helpful information about actions residents can take to improve water quality on their own properties will be covered.
- Current Traffic Situation in the NIEBNA East Bank (Bill Prince, Minneapolis Traffic Department) General discussion regarding traffic issues in the East Bank with special reference to (a) the intersection of University and Central (click here for current University/Central Intersection Plan information) and (b) the current status of the Hennepin First Avenue Transporation Study (click here for Study Final Report issued on May 31, 2016).
NIEBNA Projects and Status Reports
- Appointment of Elections Committee — appoint a Committee to organize and 2017 Board Election
- Appointment of Member to the Citizens Advisory Committee (CAC) for the “East of the River Park Master Plan” (Carrie Christiansen, MPRB) — the Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board (MPRB) has started a major planning effort to plan for the future of parks east of the River (for more info on the Plan click here). We can nominate a representative for the CAC – for info on duties of CAC members and to apply see this link. [Expected Board action: nominate someone]
- NRP Phase 2 housing contract executed — the contract between the City, NIEBNA and the Nonprofit Assistance Fund (a City contractor) been executed under which NIEBNA is lending the Fund $121,619 for 5 years for use by the Fund anywhere in the City; this contract meets the mandated “70% housing rule” for NRP Phase 2. The funds will be returned (with interest) to NIEBNA at the termination of the contract and can thereafter be spent on any valid neighborhood initiative approved by the NIEBNA Board.
- NRP Phase 2 Committees (Lisa Hondros) — General report.
NIEBNA Committee Reports
- Technology (Michael Guncheon) — general status report.
- Transportation – No report expected.
- Livability (Barry Clegg) – No report expected.
- Economic Development — No report expected.
Other Business and Announcements — and FYI