Meeting time and location – January 12, 2017, 6:30PM to 8:00PM, DeLaSalle High School
Agenda (PDF Here)
Call to Order — meeting called to order at President Grambsch at 6:35pm
- Verification of Quorum – Quorum is 7 Directors present; 10 Directors were present (Director attendance list here); Quorum verified. Attendee Sign-in here.
- Approval of Agenda – approved by unanimous vote.
- Approval of November 2016 Board Meeting Minutes (minutes here) – approved by unanimous vote with no changes.
NIEBNA Administrative Matters
- Financial and Business Matters
- Treasurer Report (Lisa Hondros) – no significant change since the last Board meeting – the Association remains solvent and financially stable. [Board Action: None]
- Approval of Expense Payments — purchase of laptop ($429.11) [Board Action: Approved]
- Other Financial and Business Matters – None
- Other Business
- Status Report: Schedule for the CPP application for 2017-2019 period — application submission planned for late February, 2017 – requires Board approval (for February Board meeting business) — [Board Action Deferred]
- Status Report: Steps in the closure CPP contract of 2014-2016 period. [Board Action deferred]
- Preparation of Final Annual Report due April 30, 2017 — requires Board approval (for February Board meeting business)
- Rollover funds to be used for CPP objectives under new contract.
- Status Report: NRP Phase 2 Application: approved by NRP Policy Board in October 2016; will be on City Council Agenda for approval (a formality) in January/February 2017; funds available starting in March/April 2017. No Board action required at this time. [Board Action Deferred]
- 2017 Meeting Schedule – President Grambsch called attention to the Board Meeting schedule (click here) for 2017 and that most meeting will be held at DeLaSalle who have offered to make their excellent meeting facilities available to us.
- Financial and Business Matters
- Update on Nord Haus progress (Jon Fletcher, Lennar Multifamily Communities (LMC)) — discussed progress of Phase 1 — everything in on or ahead of schedule — and mentioned first stirrings of Phase 2 [Board Action: Passed resolution (by unanimous vote) of support for (a) demolition of shed on Block 2, (b) LMC grant applications for pollution remediation as part of Nord Haus Phase 2, (c) continuing consultation regarding Phase 2 design.] Resolution Letter here.
- Presentation regarding the proposed extension of the 3rd / Central Ave bridge protected bike-way (Kurt Wayne, Minneapolis Public Works, Transportation Planning and Programming) — presentation and discussion (slides here) regarding the proposed extension of the 3rd / Central Ave bridge protected bike-way across the bridge to University Ave SE. [Board Action: None]
- Presentation regarding bees on Nicollet Island (DeLaSalle GREEN Team) — presentation and discussions regarding bees and other pollinators and how to improve the local habitat for these essential parts of the ecosystem. [Board Action: Resolution of encouragement for the project — passed by unanimous vote]
NIEBNA Projects and Status Reports
- Status Report: Appointment of a new Downtown Neighborhoods Alternate Director on Minneapolis Riverfront Partnership (MRP) Board of Directors (Edna Brazitis, Victor Grambsch) — Grambsch reported that the MRP Board has deferred action until later in the spring — so there is nothing to do now. [Board Action: None]
- Status Report: Developing the natural resources implementation plan covering the Not-a-Lot area on the east bank of Nicollet Island (Lisa Hondros) — Hondros reported that the project is underway, but there is as yet nothing of significance to report. [Board Action: none]
- Police matters update — Board Member Meehan (a) summarized the great success of the 2016 Holiday Dinner event and (b) that the petition of increased police service in the Neighborhood was in the process of being finalized and submitted to proper authorities and office holders in the City government.
- Report: First responders 2016 Holiday Dinner event (Jeffrey Meehan)
- Report: Increased staffing petition results (Jeffrey Meehan)
- Crown Hydro — no formal report, but the it appears project is still alive [Board Action: none]
NIEBNA Committee Reports
- Technology (Michael Guncheon) – No report
- Transportation (Dore Mead) – No report
- Livability (Barry Clegg) – No report.
- Economic Development (Kevin Upton) No report.
Other Business and Announcements — None
Adjourn — meeting adjourned at 7:50pm