The Nicollet Island – East Bank Neighborhood Association (NIEBNA) is a Minnesota non-
Purpose and Role of the Association
- To represent the neighborhood in official actions before the City or Minneapolis, the Minneapolis Park & Recreation Board, and other units of government.
- To maintain a good working relationship with the local business community and the Northeast Business Association (NEBA).
- To appoint representatives to various committees, commissions and task groups that allow and encourage citizen involvement with, and comment on, a wide range of topics.
- To inform the residents and other stakeholders about events, legislation, government policies, city plan changes, and other things affecting the neighborhood.
- To provide a forum for presentations by many groups regarding a wide range of interesting subjects, events and causes.
- To sponsor, co-
sponsor or support neighborhood events that make living here appealing.
- To develop and maintain the NIEBNA Small Area Plan which will provide the framework for guiding future development and re-
development of the neighborhood.
NIEBNA’s ultimate role is to pay attention to what is happening in and around the neighborhood, both specific events and longer term trends, so that we can take prompt action to remedy problems, and so that we can take proactive actions to improve the quality of life in the Nicollet Island East Bank neighborhood.